Intel PROSet/Wireless Software is recommended for IT administrators, large corporations, universities, and medical centers. Smaller organizations may also find the installation and deployment features useful.
Key Issues Fixed and Changes:
- Windows stop error (BSOD) may occur during installation of driver version 20.80.0.X.
- Windows stop errors (BSOD) may occur while reboot, or during Sleep/Hibernate.
- Yellow bang might appear in Device Manager under Network Adapters -> Intel wireless adapter.
- Unable to project to a second screen using Wireless Display (Miracast).
- Windows stop error (BSOD) may occur when using Mobile Hotspot.
- Limited connectivity messages when roaming after resume from Sleep
- Windows stop error (BSOD) may occur when connecting to some repeaters on 5 GHz channels.
- When Intel PROSet/Wireless software is installed, system tray icon incorrectly shows a Red X or not connected status
- The Cisco Compatible eXtensions (CCX) software is no longer supported from this version onwards. Upgrading to this version will remove the CCX functionality automatically if it was installed previously.
How to install:
- Download the file to a folder on your PC.
- Double click on the file to launch installation.
This download is valid for the products listed below:
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 for Desktop
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
- Intel PROSet/Wireless Software
- Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
- Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260
- Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265
- Intel Wireless-AC 9260
- Intel Wireless-AC 9461
- Intel Wireless-AC 9560
- Intel Wireless-N 7260
- Intel Wireless-N 7265
About Wireless LAN Drivers:
Windows OSes usually apply a generic driver that allows systems to recognize the wireless component. However, in order to use all available features of this hardware, you must install the appropriate drivers.
Enabling the wireless card allows systems to read chipset information and manufacturer name, as well as connect to a network without using an Ethernet cable.
Updating the driver version can resolve different compatibility issues, fix related errors spotted throughout the product's usage, add support for new operating systems, improve transfer speed, as well as bring various other changes.
As for applying this release, the installation steps should not pose to much of a challenge since each producer intends to make the procedure as easy as possible: just download the package, run the setup, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Bear in mind that we do not recommend you install this release on OSes other than the specified ones even though other platforms might also be suitable. Also, when the update has finished, do perform a restart to ensure that all changes take effect properly.
Therefore, if you wish to apply this package, click the download button, and setup the wireless card on your system. Moreover, if you want to stay “updated one minute ago,” check with our website as often as possible.
- C: \ Network Card \ INTEL
- COMPATIBLE WITH:
- Windows 8.1 64 bit
- file size:
- 9.3 MB
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver.
Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.