This utility installs an updated version of the Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth Adapter software with the following benefits:
- Resolves an issue where the Bluetooth radio becomes enabled while in Airplane Mode after the system resumes from Standby or Hybrid Sleep power states if a mouse is connected to a USB 3.0 port
- Resolves an issue where two Bluetooth icons appear when Airplane Mode is enabled while a Bluetooth headset is paired to the computer
- Resolves an issue where the Bluetooth radio function remains enabled for 2 seconds while in Airplane Mode after resuming from Standby or Hybrid Sleep power states
- The Help file has been updated to include information related to "Low Energy" and to correct the information regarding the switch option
- Resolves an issue where the sound may skip while playing YouTube content when connected to a Sony SRS-BTX300 Bluetooth speaker
To install this package please do the following:
- Make sure that all system requirements are met.
- Save the downloadable package on an accessible location (such as your desktop).
- Locate and double-click on the newly-downloaded file.
- Allow Windows to run the file (if necessary).
- Read EULA (End User License Agreement) and agree to proceed with the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Close the wizard and perform a system reboot to allow changes to take effect.
About Bluetooth Drivers:
Installing the system's Bluetooth driver will allow it to connect with various devices such as mobile phones, tablets, headsets, gaming controllers, and more. However, this wireless technology is recommended to be used for transferring data between compatible devices within short ranges.
A newer version can include support for later technology standards or add compatibility with other Bluetooth chipsets; however, bear in mind that updating the driver might not improve your system at all.
When it comes to applying the driver, the method is obvious and the steps quite easy: simply extract the compressed package (if necessary), run the setup, and follow the given instructions for a complete installation.
That being said, if you intend to apply this release, make sure the package is compatible with your system's OS and Bluetooth chip, hit the download button, and enable this technology on your device. Moreover, don't forget to regularly check with our website so that you don't miss any updates.
- C: \ Bluetooth \ Atheros
- COMPATIBLE WITH:
- Windows 8 64 bit
- file size:
- 187.2 MB
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver.
Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.